Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vision

Defining Statement of Leadership

Sometimes greatness is born within us and sometimes greatness is thrust upon us.
Jake wanted me to apply for full-time teaching jobs long before I graduated with a degree in teaching. He was so supportive of this career-oriented "wifestyle" and I wasn't much for disagreeing.

When kids and life interrupted the plans it was a matter of doing what was best, in my mind, for our family. Staying and home and working part-time was my only option. Not just because there weren't any available positions I felt compelled to apply for but also because I wanted to be with my children while they were tiny.

The call to teaching was obvious to me until I was ready to get my name out there. After only 3 interviews in 3 years and a job offer I'd had to decline, it was unclear where God saw me.

My mentor, Leslie Briggs, illustrated God's timing clearly with her call. Now I work happily in a school that loves me and accepts me andsupports my family and me.

The "greatness" was thrust upon me in the support of my husband and family.
The call to leadership isn't what I was looking for, by any means, but when Leslie asked me if I'd considered administration I honestly hadn't nor do I have working plans to head that direction after my MAT is completed. However, the fact that she sees something in my abilities that I don't is just one more example of the greatness that is thrust upon so many of us. 

Does this mean I'm lazy and unaware? No, Idon't think that's it. Does it mean that I'm so self absorbed that I don't pay attention to the needs of others in the school? Hope not!

I think greatness illustrates more than just accomplishment but also possibility and potential. It's nice to have people watching out for you! I hope I can inspire and motivate my students, children, and friends to see things in themselves they didn't before.

"I can do all things through Christ..."


My Vision: 

M y
S avior's
A t
S chool

The Lord is in our school at all times. He is watching us work with a smile and he is proud of the work we are doing here! I am proud of you as well!

Mrs. Oltman